Avery labels and MS Word

Munchkin 21:47 29 Jun 05

My copy of Microsoft Word will not play ball when I try to print a set of Avery standard labels. It refuses to print where it is meant to within the label margins. I have gone through the correct menu functions for printing labels, including selecting the correct reference code for the particular label I am using, but still it prints out in the wrong place !!!!!

VoG II 21:56 29 Jun 05
  mern 22:19 29 Jun 05

Have had the same problem as you. What I had to do finally was to treat the Avery labels as if they were custom labels and put in my own measurements (i.e. taken of course from the labels)Thereafter no problem.

woodchip 22:22 29 Jun 05

Check the Page size is same in Printer, Word, as Lables. If A4 then it's no good set to letter

mern 22:39 29 Jun 05

Just tried link recommended by VoG...it works like a dream. Ignore my posting and follow the invaluable advice given by him

wee eddie 07:41 30 Jun 05

The cause was the "Border" I had placed to pretty-up the design.

The moment I removed the border, and reverted to the simple text function, all went well/

The Kestrel 15:01 30 Jun 05

Follow VoG's link and download the Avery Label Wizard, it works a treat.

Munchkin 21:51 30 Jun 05

Tried the above link which looked as if my problem was going to be solved, but alas, it is still printing in the wrong place ! Could it be rouge software ? I know I'm not doing anything technically wrong, what else can it be ????

woodchip 21:58 30 Jun 05

Have you check that Printer and MSword are using A4 Page. Same as Labels

wee eddie 07:22 01 Jul 05

1. Could you describe what you mean by the wrong place?

2. Not including the actual text that you are putting on the label. Could you describe what is on the design?

jolorna 07:51 01 Jul 05

have you also got your printer properties set for label's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…