Avery Design Pro - serial number prob

Pinballwitch 21:37 13 Mar 04

I'm new to this program - have succesfully created a master label - to use for printing draw tickets for our charity... However, I can't get it to use the serial numbers. it's printed 001 on them all!! (Lucky I only printed one test page)

How do I make it use the serial numbers? Please psot a reply before 16 March 2004 or our draw is off! I know it can be done, cos I've seen in another forum people have used Avery Design Pro 2000 for draw tickets.

Many thanks you wise people :-)

Hax 08:22 14 Mar 04

You could look at this:

click here

You will need Adobe Reader - it's pdf

Pinballwitch 19:26 14 Mar 04

I've already seen that page off the Avery site, thanks Hax but it doesn't tell me how to make it insert the running numbers instead of 001 on them all!! I've succesfully put the field in there, it just won't work! Anybody out there used this serial number feature and got it to work? Pls?

Lionheart ? 20:16 14 Mar 04

Just tried with my copy of DesignPro to use the serial number feature, get the same problem as you, will keep working on it, if I get any joy will post back.

Pinballwitch 21:09 14 Mar 04

Brave Lionheart! My sincere thanks your lordship.
It's not just me then...

ton 21:50 14 Mar 04

click here

Does this help?

Pinballwitch 22:36 14 Mar 04

Thanks Ton - checking it out now, will let u know if this solves it

Pinballwitch 22:49 14 Mar 04

Woo hoo! Yes Ton that worked! All I have to do now is stop the bottom line disappearing off the page and I've cracked it. Printing set to A4 but losing the last 1cm off the bottom. Any suggestions pls?

Pinballwitch 23:15 14 Mar 04

Hey Lionheart - thanks to Ton and a bit of cribbing off the Avery instructions he posted, managed to suss it. I had to tell it to remember the numbers in the Serial Number dialog box. And it worked! Also to stop it clipping the bottom off the page, I had to click the "View unprintable area" button which showed me a dotty red grid - outside which fell my bottom lines.... So I just dragged the text boxes up above the dotty red line - quite pretty really - and Bob's my uncle!

Case resolved in a timely and concise manner! Our draw tickets are under way! You've helped a charity save £70 on software and saved my bacon too! Many thanks guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009