AverTV TV Tuner - can't find many channels

prycey 22:20 16 Mar 07

I have an Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 Plus built-in TV Tuner card. When I try to scan for channels, I only get a handful, including BBC1, 2 and 3, BBC News 24, BBCi, CBBC Channel. As the card is a digital/analogue hybrid, this is using the digital bit. I do get all the terrestrial channels using the analogue bit, but they're all fuzzy.

Any ideas why I only get BBC channels?

woodchip 22:23 16 Mar 07

You need a better Ariel

prycey 22:26 16 Mar 07

i'm using the ariel on the roof, and besides I have another TV tuner card (well, not mine), but I tried that using hte same ariel and it picks up a LOT of channels, even the ones I can't view without paying

woodchip 22:29 16 Mar 07

Must be the tuner in the card that's not very sensitive

prycey 22:42 16 Mar 07

ugh.. peice of crap. anything i can do to make it better?

Stuartli 09:27 17 Mar 07

Do you have the latest software and drivers for the card?

Re the channels you can't view without paying - these are installed in any case and, in fact, you wouldn't be able to watch them even if you did pay..:-)

It only works with set top boxes or integrated TV sets.

prycey 18:38 17 Mar 07

yeah i have the latest drivers

and i know i couldn't view those channels; i wanted to make the point that i could even get the channels i can't view with my other card, whereas i get f all with this one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…