AverTV DVB-T card - can't connect to VHS

VNAM75 21:51 14 Apr 05

I've connected this card to my VHS player but I'm not getting any picture in any of the sources ie. Svideo or EXT. I have tried the combinations in the manual (below) but have not had any success. I'm getting the freeview channels no problem.

1) One cable (coaxial, I think) with the 2 ends connected to the VHS player (RF out) and TV card (video socket)

2) Aerial lead plugged into the VHS player's antenna socket, then one end of a cable (coaxial?) is plugged into the RF out socket on the VHS player, and the other is connected to the ANT IN socket of the TV card. This is how my TV and VHS player is connected (the TV card being the TV).

Also, when I record clips of freeview it is saved as a Windows Media file but Nero does not accept this as a valid format to produce a movie DVDs - how can I change it to a suitable format?
Thanks for any help.

josie mayhem 22:48 14 Apr 05

I had trouble with my set up, sound and no picture. But resloved this by buying a scart adapter/converter. which has rca for left/right speaker and video along side a s-video socket. Mine is made by jvc and brought at curries or comet @ £10 but I think places like maplins do them cheaper.

My cabling goes; two rca's for left/right audio with a 3.5 jack at the other end which connects to the line in on t.v card. I also have an s-video cable connected as well.

I'm assuming that you have a full copy of neo which includes neroexpress. If you use neroexpress then you can set it to make a dvd, and it should regconise the t.v card as a capture card, you well need the video on and it can take a little bit of massing to locate the correct channel. But once there you can either capture straight away or you can set a pretimed recording.

Neroexpress is basicaly an authoring software, but it does write straight to file, so there is no need to carry out a complete authoring if you don't want to, the file still will be there waiting.

Sans le Sou 23:00 14 Apr 05

Windows media player and Nero have settings where you can choose which file extensions the programme will capture, perhaps you can change the settings for the type of file produced from WMP to Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…