Aver 303P TV card - No Sound

Biker Dave 19:02 29 Dec 05

Have recently fitted Aver 303P TV card into Mesh1700+ pc. All latest drivers etc loaded OK and application works all OK except I have no sound output. Am using SB 5.1 card and this works fine with all other applications. Have tried Aver helpdesk but to no avail and waiting reply from Taiwan but want it to work now!! Have tried link cable between tuner card and sound card, made no difference although Aver said this lead is not reqd anyway. Any ideas gratefully received.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 29 Dec 05

There is usually a cable with a 3.5 jack plug at each end that connects TV card soound out to line in on your sound card.

Biker Dave 19:27 29 Dec 05

The card was secondhand and not new. I only got the card, no other leads. The cable you talk about is linking externally i guess?

Biker Dave 19:41 29 Dec 05

Thanks Fruitbat, have just linked up and glorious sound all around! Will pass on to AVER, suprised they didn't know that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 29 Dec 05

Yes they do link externally

Check the rear of card does it have the out port? if so you need a cable.

Very cheap from most electrical shops

Stuartli 19:59 29 Dec 05

It depends on how your system is configured whether you need to use the sound card cable.

I have a TwinHan Freeview DTV-ter Analogue + Digital (TV and radio) PCI card - the digital stations don't require the cable but the analogue stations do.

Stuartli 20:01 29 Dec 05

The cable, in my case, is the audio type with the flat connectors (as used with CD-ROM drives) and these fit on the rear of the TV card and the AUX socket on the sound card itself.

Biker Dave 20:40 29 Dec 05

Tried using the internal cable route as I had one of these spare (new cd drive) and fitted it up, can only go one way? but this didn't work even though this seemed logical! Any ideas as the internal route is normally the better solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…