AVB streering wheel

Maxwel 14:43 18 Feb 05

I have hunted very high and low to find a replacement AC adpeter, but witbhout success. I have been advised that I would have to send the steering wheel and adpater back to the China, so that I can get the wheel to work again. There must be anther way. The adapter has a 20v output 750mA. Has anyone else had this problem and if so where did you go to, to get a new mains adapter.

Very many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Marc.

Diemmess 15:04 18 Feb 05

On the assumption that you know whether your output should be AC or DC, your best chance is to see what Maplin have in stock...... Otherwise you are close to a wry smile and heave-ho into the bin.

Maxwel 15:07 18 Feb 05

I have tried Maplin, and RS compnents, unfortunatly I have tried everywhere, and I have the possible sad decision that it will be the heave-ho into the bin...

Diemmess 09:53 19 Feb 05

Depending on what electronic knowledge you have, and don't even try if you have never done anything of the kind before. - From a toddler I could never resist taking things to bits, so found problems like this a challenge. Some I won, many I lost, a few repairs were downright dangerous, but that was long ago. These days with dedicated chips and friction welding of a case, diminish the cahnce of success.

If you can open the dud you may be able to find which component has failed and replace that.....?!

Maxwel 00:20 20 Feb 05

Thanks for the advice, but I think on this occasion, I will live opening the adapter to the experts. To be honest, I think it may be time to cut my losses and buy a new steering wheel, maybe I'll have better luck this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…