Avast virus wants me to pay!!!!!

Nessie 17:29 18 Aug 04

I have had Avast for a while and now it wants me to pay. Can I still get it for nothing and if not what other free virus software is out there. If I do end up paying for it is avast the best or is there a better piece of software. Thanks for your help. Nessie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 18 Aug 04

Anti Virus :-
antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
eScan click here

stalion 17:32 18 Aug 04

oh dearie dearie me, uninstal it and get this it is free click here

Lionheart ? 17:33 18 Aug 04

Avast free home edition click here

Stuartli 17:33 18 Aug 04

AVG's free version, to my mind at least, is the best around and there are consitent and regular postings of updates.

In fact you will find many IT support workers use AVG, along with the free version of ZA, for personal use..:-)

Belatucadrus 17:54 18 Aug 04

They dont want you to pay, you've just come to the end of the initial 60 day trial period. All they want is for you to register the free version. Alwil do not charge for the free home version.

Quote from the avast! home page.

" Then you need to install it - you'll install the trial version which is fully functional for the period of sixty days. During this period, you can register yourself on avast! 4 Home Free Registration and you will receive your license key by E-mail in about 30 minutes. Insert this key into the avast! 4 Home and you will receive the non-restricted version of avast! 4 Home Edition including the access to the update service (incremental update of virus database) for one year. After this period you can reregister to obtain the new free license key."

click here

I've been using it for two years now and never paid a bean.

avast! updates at least as often as AVG, but none of the users post about it as the systems is totally automated and all other avast users know as soon as they do.

Belatucadrus 17:59 18 Aug 04

Slight ammendment to last post, obviously they would "like" you to pay for the full program, they're a commercial concern and the more money they get the better. But they aren't going to make you pay for the free version.

Nessie 21:05 18 Aug 04

I keep getting a splash screen on every start up with more info and close buutons. The antivirus does not seem to be working. have had antivirus for about a year.

Belatucadrus 21:36 18 Aug 04

click here for the registration page, just fill in the details and they'll e-mail you a code. Next time the splash screen comes up, click on registration enter the license key provided and then OK it. Barring unforeseen problems that's it for a year when they will ask you to re-register.

Nessie 01:01 19 Aug 04

Thanks Belatucadrus that is me sorted Thanks again to everyone

Nessie 01:01 19 Aug 04

Thanks Belatucadrus that is me sorted Thanks again to everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…