Avast using most of CPU

dp600 11:33 23 May 06

From yesterday avast started using up to 90% of CPU freezing my computer.I am not doing anything new.Anyone any idies.I have stoped runing it for now and am using avg.

Belatucadrus 11:50 23 May 06

Not sure, but as it's not normal, Id start checking what else is running that could have kicked it into action.

dp600 11:53 23 May 06

thanks I took a look using system tracker but all normal exept avast.

Stuartli 12:20 23 May 06

It might be because you have two anti-virus utilities running - one is the norm.

De Marcus™ 12:23 23 May 06

If you have two AV's installed (even if one is not running) you can experience conflicts such as those your experienceing. If that isn't the case, check that avast isn't doing a background scan.

dp600 12:26 23 May 06

Thank you .was running in the background,may have been updating

gudgulf 12:32 23 May 06

Check your settings....if you have the "on access" scanners set to a high level Avast will scan every file/folder that opens and can seriously slow your pc down as its scan will run at a high priority(high cpu use),stopping your programs in their tracks!

Stuartli 12:36 23 May 06

Avast! provides verbal and written indication of having updated. It also warns if it can't check for updates i.e. if your ISP connection is disabled.

The timing of update checks can be set from Settings>Update (Basic)>Details button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…