Avast and Shutdown message.

spuds 14:23 01 May 06

Seem to have a problem with Avast anti-virus procedures. The computer occasionally displays a warning message that I have to restart the computer. Can you provide a simple solution an explanation for this warning.

I note that there a problem reported with a recent update of version 4.7.826 of Avast, and that a complete re-install was required. Could this be the same problem!.

mattyc_92 16:56 01 May 06

hmmm... I only get the "Your System Must Be Restarted" message after a program update...

What operating system are you running?

Belatucadrus 17:02 01 May 06

The restart message usually only appears after significant program updates, though it's not always necessary. There's nothing wrong it's just doing its thing.
Some people posted about problems encountered because of 4.7.826, though it didn't appear to be very widespread and I didn't have any problem with it. Alwil did however issue a new update 4.7.827 almost immediately, perhaps as a reaction to users complaints.

spuds 18:32 01 May 06

I think you have given the answer to my question. Not being completely use to the workings of Avast (confirmed AVG user), all seems to be coming together now. Thanks again.

Ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…