Avast showing a Trojan

Sapins 08:31 14 Jul 09

I have the free version of Avast with XP Home SP3 and it is flagging up a Trojan horse, HTML:IFrame-BH [Trj], on a site I have used previously without any problems. I have contacted the site owner and he has replied,

" We are aware that Kaspersky shows the Trojan problem, although many security companies such as Norton do not. We contacted our host company several months ago when we were first aware of the problem and have been advised that all is in order. We are also aware of Kaspersky and others showing several Microsoft websites in a similar light.

Sorry if it´s giving you a problem but we are unable to do anything about it."

What, if anything, can I do about it? I would like to be able to use the site again.

rawprawn 08:51 14 Jul 09

Sounds like a false positive, I don't use Avast but can you set it to ignore that find?

dazza39 08:53 14 Jul 09

Avast is a good program if in doubt, send it to quarentine and then delete

Sapins 09:19 14 Jul 09

That's what I thought but I am not clear on how to deal with it1

dazza39, there only appears to be one option and that is to cancel the connection to the site!

Thanks for your replies by the way.

rawprawn 16:18 14 Jul 09

As I said I don't use it, but usually if you right click on a find it will give you options of what to do and ignore forever may be one.
Surely there are so many forum members who use avast one of them should be able to tell you.
Anyway this will bump it back to the top.

mimosa418 16:34 14 Jul 09

This is an indication that your machine has been infected by the Virut virus, Avast is oe of the few antivirus which picks this up.
click here
This is a swine to get rid of and will almost certainly require a reformat of your drives and a new installation.

rdave13 17:18 14 Jul 09

Avast gives this warning to creative-wedding-photography dot com site (for regscrubvistaxp links) and I thought a false positive. Cancelling the Avast warning and Google then steps in with this warning; click here

Sapins 18:40 14 Jul 09

I have scanned the machine with Defender, Spybot Search and Destroy and I run SpywareBlaster so I am confident there is no infection. Avast gives an alert whenever I try to open the site click here. javea-international.

Avast has replied as follows:

Thank you for contacting ALWIL Software company with your concerns.

My name is Michal and I am happy to assist you today.

I am forwarding this ticket to our virus labs and our experts will check it deeply, but on my first sight, there's a malicious script in the HTML code of the web page. I recommend you not visit it until the webmaster fixes it.

The problem is the web master says there is no problem! See my first post.

Sapins 18:46 14 Jul 09

Link broken. Web site is http//click here.
Extra dot at end to stop anyone accidently opening the site.

Sapins 18:47 14 Jul 09

Sorry, the click here is not appearing correctly, best not to click on it.

rawprawn 18:49 14 Jul 09

If there is someone using Sandbox out there it may be worth a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5