Avast settings

gudda96 09:48 12 Apr 04

Can anyone tell me the correct settings please to ensure my mail is certified in and out when using Avast.

rawprawn 10:32 12 Apr 04

Right clickthe Avast icon in the system tray/ click Avast on line scanner/ click internet mail/ click customise button/Under the POP tab make sure there is a tick in Scan inbound mail/ Under the SMTP tab make sure there is a tick i Scan Outbound mail.

gudda96 11:08 12 Apr 04

Rawprawn

I cannot reach that box by r/c on Avast but I can if I D/L/C/internet mail/customize/pop 2 ticks/smtp top and bottom ticked/IMAP two ticks/

Still no cert on mail, what am I doing wrong.

rawprawn 11:33 12 Apr 04

I'm sorry I can't seem to get a certified message either. I assume you mean the ones that appear at the bottom of the emails sent & recieved. I know avast does it as I have had it before, but I think having put the settings into Avast it is then a question of configuring your email settings. I don't know what you are using I am on Outlook 2000. Unfortunately I don't have time to play with it right now but I suspect it depends on whether you are sending html or plain text. Good luck.
PS I think Avast is the best free AV on the web & even if you cant get it to print a message you are still covered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…