Avast scan results

isititis 13:55 10 Nov 09

Hello all,
HP Pavilion Win xp sp3 2g Total Virtual Memory.
Having just completed a scan in normal mode, I now have a Results of Last Scan page. There are a total of 71 lines (Is this another term for files?)69 of those lines under Result have Unable to scan: Ar... after them the remaining 2 lines have Unable to scan: In... after them.

In the top left corner is an Action button. When clicked 5 options appear in this order. Del... Rep... Move... Chest Scan. When the mouse is moved over the options, they all hi-lite except for the Repair option which is greyed out, while the Chest option is in bold letters. I am not sure as to what I should do with them. Please advise. Thank you.

ArrGee 14:23 10 Nov 09

Move to chest.

isititis 16:28 10 Nov 09

Thank you ArrGee. But what do I do With them after that?

ArrGee 16:32 10 Nov 09

They will not affect anything once in the chest.

Sometimes antivirus programs will detect something as a virus when infact they could be a false-positive. In other words, if you are absolutely positive the virus moved to chest was actually ok and not a virus, then you have the chance to re-invoke it.

However, if you are sure the item moved to chest is definately virus, then you can delete it permanently.

Consider 'the chest' as a holding-pen until you are satisfied that Avast has done its job properly.

Batch 16:57 10 Nov 09

If you place the cursor over the dividing line between the column headings you'll be able to resize the columns and read the text properly.

I think you'll find that the "Unable to scan: Ar..." are in fact "Unable to scan: Archive is password protected".

Not sure on the "Unable to scan: In...", but if you do as I say above you'll find out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…