AVAST SCAN

littlestan 08:38 17 May 09

Probably seems a dim question but do i need to do anything with Avast. My little ball spins, the chappy says it has done its updates but reading on some other postings seems i should use it to scan my system, which I havent done - although do so with my superantisypeware. Having a very blonde moment(s) this morning!

thanks lots

crosstrainer 08:50 17 May 09

The updates are required, and you have them set correctly. Once a week you need to do a full system scan on all Hard drives.

Yes, it takes a while, but superantispyware will only check for malware, not virus infections.

littlestan 09:00 17 May 09

thanks crosstrainer - fed up of me by now! do i just double click on the blue ball or from the main icon on the start up and which option should i choose - told you i was dim! thanks lots.

cheap 10:45 17 May 09

Click start/ all programs / and click avast icon. when memory test has finished click menu and click schedule boot-time scan in the drop down menu. Next click scan all local disks and scan archive files. Next click advanced options and set it to move infected files to chest and allow delete or move. Finaly click schedule and re-boot computer.

Your comp will now shutdown and restart and go straight into a scan before windows loads.
This way it catches any nastie's before they get chance to start up.

Hope this helps

Chris

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:59 17 May 09

Set your screensaver to avast and it will autoscan while you are away from the PC.

How to use Avast
click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…