Avast, right click > Scan

Ronyap 21:10 08 Jun 06

Avast anyone? When I right-click on a folder and go to > Scan 'blah' with the Avast Icon in front. All, I see is it Scan, and then it disappears. It doesnt even say that it has finished. I assume that if it doesnt show anything, it means it is safe.

Diodorus Siculus 21:14 08 Jun 06

That's what mine does - if you try with a larger file or folder it will last a little longer than a simple text file.

De Marcus™ 21:18 08 Jun 06

Perfectly normal Ronyap, although I don't recall ever finding a virus like this before, anything that's downloaded is generally scanned by Avast long before you get the chance to right click on it. I do use the right click option if I'm plugging in someone else's USB flash drive or CD, etc.

FatboySlim71 21:23 08 Jun 06

Mine does this as well, Diodorus Siculus is right, if you try this on a big file/folder, you will see it for longer.

Ronyap 21:56 08 Jun 06

Its just that it doesnt notify me of anything when it has finished. Thanks anyways.

Ronyap 21:56 08 Jun 06

Its just that it doesnt notify me of anything when it has finished. Thanks anyways.

Belatucadrus 22:17 08 Jun 06

If you want it to show confirmation, open avast! Program settings / Common and tick the "Show results of explorer extension" box, then OK it. It will now show an aditional window on completion, showing file size and scan result.

Ronyap 20:56 09 Jun 06

Oh, Thanks =)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…