Avast problem

aca 22:31 11 Oct 06

On my sons PC have Avast 4.7 Home. Normally the update all auto. Other evening the connection lost half way through.

Was running but tried to manual update both the virus database and the programme. Click on icon and nothing happens. Restarted and still no joy.

Thought that might have corruption so I unistalled using the Avast unistall tool and reinstalled. But still same problem no manual update.

I have tried the same on my PC and it works fine?

Any ideas appreciated.

hijo 22:59 11 Oct 06

Hiya ive used AVAST but blew it into the ground due to issues with it,what i would do is this reboot your pc in safe mode the uninstall it ALL..!! that way EVERYTHING gets GONE..!! then reinstall it that should work..!!
regards
h

woodchip 23:00 11 Oct 06

After removing Avast from Add Remove you need to manualy remove Alwil from Windows Explorer Do a Search for it delete then reinstal Avast

aca 18:25 12 Oct 06

thanks

followed the advice but now PC very sluggish. Avast wont start and also now problem with Firefox but IE ok.

tried to restore prior to probs but this doesn't solve.

wondering now whether a reformat is the answer.

Jackcoms 18:40 12 Oct 06

Use click here and click here to get rid of any leftover registry and other file entries from Avast and the reinstall it again

aca 19:21 12 Oct 06

thanks jackcoms

I had used regscrub which I thought would have done the job

aca 23:30 13 Oct 06

Problem sorted. For some reason Sygate out of the blue was stopping updates without any notification. also Firefox. so even when restored it was palying up. Uninstalled it and everything now ok.
Thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now