avast or avg

chrisjohn 12:58 06 Jun 07

which one shoild i use,i have been using avg but it now slows pc down

Trackrat 13:36 06 Jun 07

I have used both and prefer AVG.
Is it AVG that is slowing your computer, have you checked how many programs load at start up and are therefore running in the background

rawprawn 13:41 06 Jun 07

Try Avast, I have never had problems with it, it updates auto and just works quietly in the background.

2neat 13:58 06 Jun 07

AVG 'works quietly in the background' Well I never hear anything from it!
Been using for a very long time now with no problems.

Snec 14:01 06 Jun 07

I doubt AVG is the problem.

chrisjohn 19:35 06 Jun 07

ok thanx

pk46 20:00 06 Jun 07

Norton 360 works fine on Vista doesn't cause your computer to hang or start loading updates before your system is fully loaded.
I have never been a fan of Norton but this is fine
don't know if it will work on XP though.

JayDay 20:31 06 Jun 07

I have used both and prefer Avast. Personal choice really not much difference between them.

My only advice is don't pay for an anti-virus program.

Ashrich 21:51 06 Jun 07

Before going with " free " click here then make your choice .....

Ashley

Daiol 16:19 07 Jun 07

Hi,I have been using avg for a long time without any probs the only thing about it is when the pc starts up first the avg scanning comes into operation and that can take a long time depending on indevidual pc then the pc is slower in operation thats what i find with avg [free].daiol good luck.

Daiol 16:19 07 Jun 07

Hi,I have been using avg for a long time without any probs the only thing about it is when the pc starts up first the avg scanning comes into operation and that can take a long time depending on indevidual pc then the pc is slower in operation thats what i find with avg [free].daiol good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…