AVAST or AVG

EFC1878 20:03 01 Jan 07

I currently use AVG and have seen a fair bit of talk about the Jan 15 upgrade to version 7.5.

It has been suggested to me that I might want to opt for AVAST instead.

Has anybody any views on AVAST vs. AVG?

Devil Fish 20:09 01 Jan 07

in my opinion they are pretty much of a much
Avast has served me well over the past couple of years but i dare say many will say the same of AVG

If you are using AVG and you are happy with it i can see no reason to change

skidzy 20:12 01 Jan 07

I do know a few regulars that use Avast and will be quite happy to respond to your question.

However i use AVG,and was a little disappointed yesterday when someone posted a problem about a web site redirection...as we followed this link,i and others picked a virus that AVG did not notify us of.Only when i ran the scan it found them,this was confirmed by another forum regular.Though this is my first virus for over 4 years,i felt let down by AVG and have thought myself to give AVAST a try.
So will watch this thread with interest.

sparky11 20:18 01 Jan 07

I have used AVG for several years now and it has always done its job, Ive never had a problem of any kind.I have just checked my version and it is 7.5 Dated 1/1/2007 so it must have upgraded automaticly as part of the updates.I dont know what you have read but if it aint broke dont fix it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:20 01 Jan 07

To save a long thread thatb will just repeat various others...use either, they are both as good as each other.

G

Rigor mortis 20:21 01 Jan 07

click here

The Firewall and Anti-virus are installed in one of my PCs and seem to be working well - difficult to comment on their effectiveness as I haven't had any infections - ever - using these and other solutions in the past. I did google for reviews and they seem to have good reviews.

RobCharles1981 20:28 01 Jan 07

I have been using Avast for a couple of weeks and it looks ok, but it's slow starting my system up when I have Avg started very quicker.

premier man 21:15 01 Jan 07

I have used Avast for last couple of years,
I am very pleased with it,
also you get updates downloaded automatically,
I would recommend it

JayDay 21:22 01 Jan 07

Just down to personal taste. What I would say is don't pay for AV.

EFC1878 21:42 01 Jan 07

Thanks - as always - for the constructive comments. I suspected that there may not be much between them but wanted to make sure via people who have experience of them. The post by Sidzy doesn't make for good reading.

I may wait for 15/1 to come and go and see if it updates automatically though I do like the sound of the Avast automatic updates rather than having offered by Avast.

Thanks again

pac73 21:52 01 Jan 07

AVG 7.5 for me.Better interface than before,and more user friendly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017