Avast or AVG

acfc 19:42 17 Mar 06

I have both running on seperate machines and find it hard to choose between them but would be interested in opinions as to which is thought to provide the best protection.

After all fancy graphics etc are irrelevant ~ I just don't want a virus sneaking in.

woodchip 19:47 17 Mar 06

Your Pref but I have Avast on two new XP comps

gudgulf 19:50 17 Mar 06

Of the two I much prefer Avast....more configurable and good "on access" scanning.

As to which is the most effective....who knows.

Both good.......they don't perform as well as some of the paid for av programs such as NOD32 or Kaspersky in lab tests, but real world protection is plenty good enough.

acfc 19:57 17 Mar 06

If I was convinced paid for solutions were better then I would pay. Previous experience of Norton put me off but I've read good reports of NOD

mammak 19:57 17 Mar 06

Both in my experience are good but I perfer Avast
it's more user freindly.

ACOLYTE 19:59 17 Mar 06

I have used both,i used AVG for years,im new to avast but it get my vote simply for the fact it speaks to you when its updated)
As for if they are as good as each other i dont know not had a virus in years lol ....

woodchip 20:01 17 Mar 06

What's a Virus? never had one from 1995

Diodorus Siculus 20:01 17 Mar 06

I'm firmly in the Avast camp for the reasons stated above...

You can of course turn off the "speaking" option as I did after it scared me once too often...

woodchip 20:03 17 Mar 06

What's a Virus? never had one from 1995

mammak 20:07 17 Mar 06

Lol I like Avast when it talks to me cannot say the same for the little un it frightend the life out of her.

Jak_1 20:07 17 Mar 06

I use AVG and am happy with it but, shouldn't this thread be on speaker's corner!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…