Avast or AVG

Buchan 35 19:40 07 Dec 04

I read today a critique and Avast 4 was the loser. You, my peers, I trust, Which, overall is best?

stalion 19:41 07 Dec 04
  Belatucadrus 19:53 07 Dec 04

Avast free is supported by alwil, AVG free isn't supported by Grisoft.
Avast has superior mail scan, AVG 7 is better than 6, but has been causing problems, see forum postings for details.
Avast has the best update system there is.

I've used both and have never encounted any problems with either, but feel that avast! is the better package at the moment. Though you will get posts from people who prefer AVG.

Can you post a link to the critique ? I doubt it'll change my opinion but could be worth a read.

Cook2 20:28 07 Dec 04

Say no more click here

Gongoozler 20:47 07 Dec 04

I use Avast, I find it easy to use, the update is superb and it has caught 2 email viruses in the last 2 weeks. The Avast forum is a bonus click here

herc182 20:50 07 Dec 04

in terms of virus detection

avast click here

avg click here

avast has the beating of avg in terms of virus detection, but that was mainl over avg version 6.

i would say avast

Buchan 35 21:54 07 Dec 04

A Future Publishing Magazine "PC PLUS" pages 106 and 107

Buchan 35 21:57 07 Dec 04

Thanks everyone, thats what I1ve got installed and now intend to stay with

mbp 22:13 07 Dec 04

Buchan tell us how you get on. Latest reports are that avg has been neglecting their Freeware and placing their efforts on their shareware. It is shame, I suppose they want to push the freeware users to their shareware programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…