Avast or AntiVir

Angry Kid 22:43 19 Apr 06

Evening,

I know anti virus products are a constant source of query and opinion on this Forum. However, I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers as to which of the two free programs is the best/preferred out of the two and why in your opinion?

Thanks

Angry;)

Stuartli 22:48 19 Apr 06

I use Avast! I like the fact that it not only updates itself automatically but also provides visual and audible notification.

It's also very effective...:-)

SANTOS7 22:51 19 Apr 06

Blimey!! how longs a piece of string, try them both
(not together) see which you like best
click here AVG
click here AVAST
In my opinion they are as good as each other i use AVG cos i saw it first..........

spuds 23:02 19 Apr 06

I use Avast on one computer, and AVG on another. Both seem to work okay, and as they were free versions, I am not complaining, so far.

Stuartli 23:50 19 Apr 06

I used to use AVG - it was when I installed Avast! on a newbie's computer system because I knew it would update itself (prevention better than cure), I decided it was too good to ignore.

But I never had any complaints about AVG's abilities in this field.

heavymetalkid 23:53 19 Apr 06

I'd recommend Avast over anything. I had it on my last machine;the computer I've got now came with a paid for version of Bullguard so I've kept it on.....I miss Avast though-good forum too.

RobCharles1981 11:01 20 Apr 06

I'm currently testing avast now, do I need too register this programe or is it free too use ??

SB23 11:05 20 Apr 06

I've used Avast now for some time. It seems very good.

RobCharles1981 11:09 20 Apr 06

Can someone answer my querry ?

RobCharles1981 11:11 20 Apr 06

Can someone answer my qestion:

SANTOS7 11:19 20 Apr 06

click here
seems you need to register to obtain FREE licence key....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…