avast not updating

johnnyrocker 23:17 04 Aug 07

over the last 24 hrs or so i have not received an update to my avast, i went to their website and found there has been an update on third of august having d/loaded the update i am unable to run it as i get a message saying the installer cannot run as it is already in use elsewhere, any ideas about my best options? xp pro sp2

johnny.

rdave13 23:20 04 Aug 07

Do you need to re register? Your version might be 12 months old.

johnnyrocker 23:24 04 Aug 07

it is the free 4.7 version does one need to register?

johnny.

rdave13 23:33 04 Aug 07

Yes. If you get the red pop-up saying it can't update then you need to go to the site and re-register click here

johnnyrocker 23:45 04 Aug 07

i have registered and will get a key in 24 hrs,i do not get a red pop up it is a windows error message saying the installer is unable to work as it is in use elsewhere.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:49 04 Aug 07

all of a sudden i now have a message saying it is retrying to update so i will wait and see.

johnny.

rdave13 00:04 05 Aug 07

In practice you should get the email pretty quickly. Just copy and paste. You'll need to manually start Avast so you can click on the register link when it's testing the registry.

johnnyrocker 00:12 05 Aug 07

checking it again the update message just says downloading packages, connection terminated retrying, whe i open avast it shows there is a home registration key but i cannot copy it to register it again.

johnny.

rdave13 00:30 05 Aug 07

Just started Avast from my desktop, not system tray, and when I click on the registration link,while it's running the registry check,a small window appears so that you can paste the registration key in.

rdave13 00:32 05 Aug 07

PS. The one you'll get from the email.

rdave13 00:42 05 Aug 07

iAVS update= VPS up to date version 000763-4

Program update= up to date version 4.7.1029

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…