Avast icon not moving

seventiesdolly 19:17 06 Jun 06

I've noticed that the Avast icon on my taskbar no longer 'spins' when I go to different sites like it did before. I know this sounds trivial, but I just wondered why it would suddenly stop doing this?

Gongoozler 19:23 06 Jun 06

Right click on the Avast icon and select "Program settings". Click on "Appearance" and check that there is a tick in "Animate the icon when scanning"

Belatucadrus 22:42 06 Jun 06

Also check that the On Access Scanner / Web shield is active.

seventiesdolly 10:19 07 Jun 06

Thanks for your replies. Gonzooler, the animate icon box was already checked...?
Seems to be ok this morning though. I am running the free version, but it tells me on start up that I have 44 days left - what am I supposed to do after 44 days?
Also, I keep getting a green box appear, saying a newer version is available to download, but when I check, it is to install the pro version! How do I stop it doing this?

rdave13 10:29 07 Jun 06

You need to register the free version (avast version 4.7 home edition). click here=

seventiesdolly 10:33 07 Jun 06

Thanks Rdave13.

Stuartli 13:56 07 Jun 06

You initially obtain a 60 day licence - this can be updated at the website as Rdave13 mentions, but don't forget to tick the box that it's intended for private use. If you donj't it won't be registered.

You will get an e-mail with the new registration listed; copy and paste it into the panel in Avast! from Settings>About Avast!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…