Avast - how do you scan for virus

Border View 16:19 12 Jan 05

I use Avast Antivirus software (got sick of problems with AVG7). It updates itself on a regular basis. With AVG you could run a manual scan of your whole system or a removable drive. I'm not all that familiar with Avast and cant find how to do this. I think it does a check of your whole system without asking.

Can anyone please advise the steps to take. Looking forward to hearing from you.

plsndrs3 16:29 12 Jan 05

Righ click icon next to clock on task bar> choose start Avast> click on hard drive> selsct go.

I am not aware that the system automatically scans, but it does scan on access to programs.

HTH

Paul

Belatucadrus 16:36 12 Jan 05

You need to set the screensaver to 'avast screen saver'. Do this and it'll scan automatically when the system is idle.

anniel 16:39 12 Jan 05

What a brilliant tip..I never knew that.

I have carried out your suggestion.

Border View 16:41 12 Jan 05

Brilliant - thanks very much - that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your time and trouble. Green tick called for.

Border View 16:51 12 Jan 05

Sorry, but how do I set the Avast screen saver please?

Border View 17:00 12 Jan 05

Found it - brilliant - thank you.

Buchan 35 19:07 12 Jan 05

Belatucadrus, Thanks for a great tip

prima12 18:39 03 Feb 05

Bump

Magik ®© 11:36 06 Feb 05

nice one, we live and learn........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…