Avast - how do you scan for virus

Border View 16:19 12 Jan 05

I use Avast Antivirus software (got sick of problems with AVG7). It updates itself on a regular basis. With AVG you could run a manual scan of your whole system or a removable drive. I'm not all that familiar with Avast and cant find how to do this. I think it does a check of your whole system without asking.

Can anyone please advise the steps to take. Looking forward to hearing from you.

plsndrs3 16:29 12 Jan 05

Righ click icon next to clock on task bar> choose start Avast> click on hard drive> selsct go.

I am not aware that the system automatically scans, but it does scan on access to programs.

HTH

Paul

Belatucadrus 16:36 12 Jan 05

You need to set the screensaver to 'avast screen saver'. Do this and it'll scan automatically when the system is idle.

anniel 16:39 12 Jan 05

What a brilliant tip..I never knew that.

I have carried out your suggestion.

Border View 16:41 12 Jan 05

Brilliant - thanks very much - that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your time and trouble. Green tick called for.

Border View 16:51 12 Jan 05

Sorry, but how do I set the Avast screen saver please?

Border View 17:00 12 Jan 05

Found it - brilliant - thank you.

Buchan 35 19:07 12 Jan 05

Belatucadrus, Thanks for a great tip

prima12 18:39 03 Feb 05

Bump

Magik ®© 11:36 06 Feb 05

nice one, we live and learn........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…