avast e-mail scanner

speed999 00:06 01 Nov 08

i have sky e-mail accounts and use outlook express and have a xp os.but i have a problem with the e-mail scanner.to receive sky e-mail the settings have to be pop 995 and smtp 465 in outlook express but when pop is set to 110 and smtp is set to 25 in the avast settings I receive mail but it is not scanned.but when pop is 995 and smtp is 465 in the avast settings the e-mail scanner comes on but I get a message
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F report
when the scanner is working the message by the scanner icon is
avast mail scanner [msinm.exe->vg-in-f208.google.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belatucadrus 02:00 01 Nov 08

If nobody here knows, try the avast support center click here If it's not in their knowledge base, the avast forum is somewhat more specific in nature as well as being frequented by the program developers. They'll also respond to new "Ticket" info requests, even on the freebie.

eedcam 09:25 01 Nov 08

They can also be extremely intolerant of anyone who has not read the Faq's etc' dont dare to suggest there is any thing wrong with their product

speed999 18:27 01 Nov 08

many thanks for taking the time to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced