Avast Detects Trojan in Webaroo?

Taff™ 06:34 24 Jul 06

On boot up of the computer this morning Avast downloaded the latest definition file. Seconds later it detected a virus in a Webaroo! Win32:Agent-ANR (Trojan)

I`ve checked with the Avast Site and a definition for Win32:Small-ANR was included with yesterdays release.

Initially it could not Move the file to the chest but a seperate scan of the C:\program files\webaroo folder found two instances connected with filescalled "Lucene.net.dll" or similar.

Can anyone throw any light on this?

skidzy 06:58 24 Jul 06

Taff,did you type this exactly ANR or anr ? this may help if the same trojan click here
i would suggest you use an online scanner if avast has not dealt with it totally. Panda click here

Hope this helps

Taff™ 09:17 24 Jul 06

Avast dealt with it second time around when I just scanned the C:\Program Files\webaroo folder. This was simply because on boot up Webaroo was starting up and Avast couldn`t deal with it because a file was in use but the second Avast scan put it all in the vault. (Disabling Webaroo incidentally)

The point I`m making is that Webaroo was given great reviews in PCA Magazine and on this site but according to Avast it contains the Trojan - your first link is correct by the way!

I`m interested to see if others have the same findings. Is this a false shout by Avast? If so it will be the first one I`ve come across.

Belatucadrus 11:21 24 Jul 06

It could be a false positive, but if it is, avast! isn't the only thing having problems with it, check out the user review on SiteAdvisor click here At least one persons also found problems using AdawareSE, this time Trojan.keylogger.dll.
I'd be very wary of Webaroo, perhaps PCA can get a comment from them ?

skidzy 14:38 24 Jul 06

If it does turn out to be a false positive the reason may be its in Beta 1. This would explain a few bugs possibly !

click here;529430161;pid;1817;pt;1
click here

skidzy 14:42 24 Jul 06

Oops links gone awol ! click here try googling webaroo beta 1 reviews.

Quite a bit about Webaroo

Taff™ 15:05 24 Jul 06

That`s the PCA Review by Benn Camm Jones! (All tarted up under a Dell frock) Not too worried about the problem - Webaroo may just get the bullet anyway. Nobody else seems to have come forward with the same problem though - strange, I thought quite a few people on the forum would have installed Avast and Webaroo.

skidzy 15:46 24 Jul 06

It may still come out with Avast users Taff,watching Google may put more light on this.
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced