Avast and computer crashes

BeeWee 20:37 02 Sep 05

I installed Avast anti virus (home version) and since I have done this I have had many crashes.

If I restore the system to a time before I installed this prog. will it solve the problem?

The error message says something about the drivers but I don't know what to do about it

Diodorus Siculus 20:53 02 Sep 05

[quote] If I restore the system to a time before I installed this prog. will it solve the problem?[/quote] Yes, if it is Avast related.

When you get the error message, can you write down the details and post them here?

BeeWee 21:04 02 Sep 05

Thank you for answering DS..and nexr time it happens I will do as you suggest.

From what I can remember it said something about newly installed software (must be Avast) and its drivers.

Actually that's what the report said when I reported the error to Microsoft

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 03 Sep 05

Uninstall Avast and the reinstall it.

reece1705 11:40 07 Sep 05

or try avg antivirus. i have used this many times before and best of all it's free.

Belatucadrus 12:01 07 Sep 05
  Crunchy 13:54 08 Sep 05

Uninstall Avast and download AVG. It's free if you get the home version and very stable. AVG highly recommended.

BeeWee 08:46 09 Sep 05

Thank you all so much for your help and advice. I had been using AVG but I kept getting messages that the internal virus database was out of date and I couldn't fix it.

I decided to try Avast after recommendations but from the minute I installed it I had nothing but crashes. I tried uninstalling, did a system restore to no avail.

I have now uninstalled it and returned to AVG.

All is well at the moment!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…