Avast and computer crashes

BeeWee 20:37 02 Sep 05

I installed Avast anti virus (home version) and since I have done this I have had many crashes.

If I restore the system to a time before I installed this prog. will it solve the problem?

The error message says something about the drivers but I don't know what to do about it

Diodorus Siculus 20:53 02 Sep 05

[quote] If I restore the system to a time before I installed this prog. will it solve the problem?[/quote] Yes, if it is Avast related.

When you get the error message, can you write down the details and post them here?

BeeWee 21:04 02 Sep 05

Thank you for answering DS..and nexr time it happens I will do as you suggest.

From what I can remember it said something about newly installed software (must be Avast) and its drivers.

Actually that's what the report said when I reported the error to Microsoft

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 03 Sep 05

Uninstall Avast and the reinstall it.

reece1705 11:40 07 Sep 05

or try avg antivirus. i have used this many times before and best of all it's free.

Belatucadrus 12:01 07 Sep 05

If the problem survives a reinstall, try contacting alwil click here they offer e-mail support for the avast! free home version support@avast.com

Crunchy 13:54 08 Sep 05

Uninstall Avast and download AVG. It's free if you get the home version and very stable. AVG highly recommended.

BeeWee 08:46 09 Sep 05

Thank you all so much for your help and advice. I had been using AVG but I kept getting messages that the internal virus database was out of date and I couldn't fix it.

I decided to try Avast after recommendations but from the minute I installed it I had nothing but crashes. I tried uninstalling, did a system restore to no avail.

I have now uninstalled it and returned to AVG.

All is well at the moment!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced