Avast complaining about Zonealarm

arris 21:58 08 Jul 06

On installing Avast Antivirus, I get this message click here I have the the free ZoneAlarm, so am I right in clicking on 'No'? Because I don't seem to have any privacy options in ZA that I can find.

Bob The Nob© 22:00 08 Jul 06

Remove ZA. AAvast should be good enough on its own.

Taff™ 22:02 08 Jul 06

Obviously a known issue and I have always chosen the Yes option with no problems. If you follow the link at the bottom of the dialog box it explains the issues involved and there`s nothing really to worry about.

woodchip 22:10 08 Jul 06

I would also go with YES

Audeal 22:35 08 Jul 06

Disable it. It will do no harm, I always disable mine.

Stuartli 23:28 08 Jul 06

ZoneAlarm works OK with Avast! (I use both) and it's nothing to worry about.

By the way, despite Bob The Nob©'s advice, don't remove ZoneAlarm.

Avast! is an anti-virus utility and ZoneAlarm is a firewall.

arris 13:25 09 Jul 06

Ok thanks, I did click on yes and all is ok. I've kept my Zonealarm too.

I'm surprised how complete avast is. It seems more complete than a paid-for antivirus. It seems to have everything.

cottie 17:47 04 Sep 06

Should have clicked no. The free ZA doesn't have privacy blocking features. Webshield won't work now.

Taff™ 21:13 04 Sep 06

Don`t be so "round shouldered"

lulubelle 18:53 05 Sep 06

cottie is right.
If you look in the Avast forums, you will see that if you've got Zone Alarm free then you should tick no.Both are running fine on my PC.

cottie 23:33 22 Sep 06

Yep, I am right. You'll see that webshield doesn't ever scan anything if you have chosen yes, but if you choose no it'll scan all the webpages you go on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…