Avast & AVG Together ?

rawprawn 10:07 22 Sep 03

I have been running AVG free edition for about 18 months, but I decided to try Avast last week. I disabled AVG but I don't want to uninstall it. Everything seems OK but when I send an email both AVG & Avast stamp it as free from viuses, is this OK & are there any problems running them both together ? Thanks in advance.

pinka 10:10 22 Sep 03

you might find that one catches a virus and vaults it , and the other av will probably still tell you , you still have a virus , but other than that there should be no problems . but ive never had the need to change from avg , or use another av .

Belatucadrus 10:20 22 Sep 03

Running two AV progs together is very risky, if you're lucky they may coexist peacefully, but if they don't look out. Clashing AV can totally destabilise a system with lock ups and crashes, and having two running at once is high on my list of things to avoid doing.

rawprawn 10:41 22 Sep 03

If I uninstall AVG using add or remove, will that take it out of Outlook

Belatucadrus 10:47 22 Sep 03

Should do, unlike some ( Norton & Kasparsky ) AVG has a pretty good uninstall and doesn't leave the PC full of trash.

rawprawn 10:52 22 Sep 03

Thanks I will give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…