Avast AV for linux.

octal 20:03 04 Mar 06

I haven't seen this broadcast on here before, I could be wrong, but I think its worth mentioning anyway. I installed Avast anti-virus for Linux and found it very easy to install and use:

click here

So there is no excuse for linux users passing on any of those nasties to our Windows colleagues in future.

Diodorus Siculus 20:21 04 Mar 06

Thanks for the info.

I don't use an AV program on Linux (got both Suse 10 and Centos) but good to know that Avast has ported over.

octal 20:53 04 Mar 06

I've been using BitDefender for some time now, but it is a command line browser, so its not for the novice. At least Avast has got a nice GUI so it should be easy to install.

I use Xandros which is based on Debian, so converting the RPM couldn't have been easier, just double click on it and Xandros did all the hard work converting it for me, I like that being a lazy toad!

mattyc_92 21:20 04 Mar 06

I did actually notice the Linux version the other day, but thought everyone knew about it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…