Avast AV

Jackcoms 07:42 25 Feb 06

I've recently started using Avast and very happy too, so far!

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to set Avast to scan at a pre-determined time or does it only offer a manual scan?

2. Whenever I do a manual scan, it never 'remembers' which drives/folders I set it to scan last time. Do I have to set the drives/folders every time I do a scan or can I 'fix' them once and for all?

dms05 07:46 25 Feb 06

Avast have an excellent forum click here and you might get a better response there.

aca 08:08 25 Feb 06

Jackcoms

As far as I know you cant do the first. I've been using Avast for sometime but only fairly recently discovered that it has a Screensaver scan you can put on via usual Display properties way. so it does a system scan when PC is idle. I know this is not exactly what your after but might help.

It would be a useful feature to schedule a regular system scan.

On the second if I set scan as thorough and include archive it does "remember" this setting between scans.

Jackcoms 09:03 25 Feb 06

Thanks for your responses.

I went into the Avast Forum, as suggested by dms05, and got a reply to my questions within minutes!

For those who may be interested, this is the response I got:

"There is no facility to schedule scans in the free version of avast.

There are workarounds, and you can set the workaround to scan your preferred files/folders whenever you want.

However this has been discussed so many times in this forum that explaining it all again seems excessive.

Please use the search button at the top of the forum and search for "schedule scan" and I think you will find what you need - in the unlikely event you do not - let us know."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…