Avast antvirus

Daiol 09:09 18 Jul 08

Good day to all.Thinking of changing from avg to avast as it seems to be getting a good report,Wondering if anyone can assist me in the full workins of avast i did install it the other day to give it a run but coulnd't quite get my head around it regarding the scans updates etc,can anyone help me out with a 'maybe' list of operations from start to finish screenshots if possible?.thanks.da.

nosharpe 09:14 18 Jul 08

try PC Tools anti-virus click here
I use it and find it very user friendly.

User-1229748 09:21 18 Jul 08

i couldn't get how to configure avast properly either but avira is easy to use and uses very little resources click here

Terry Brown 09:21 18 Jul 08

I have not tried Avast , but a2 free click here is a very god program.
Terry

User-1229748 09:28 18 Jul 08

someone will explain about avast to you i'm sure of that.

Stuartli 09:29 18 Jul 08

Avast! is very easy to configure and updates itself automatically, providing written and spoken notice that it has done so.

The configuration is undertaken via the settings button (top left on the panel).

If you do install Avast! and I strongly recommend it, ensure when you register that the box for Personal Use only is ticked; if not, you won't get an e-mail providing the registration number (the initial registration on installation lasts 60 days).

You don't need to tick any boxes from the Common tab (except perhaps for Simple Skins if you wish).

Up date chacks can be configured for every hour upwards as required.

User-1229748 09:33 18 Jul 08
  Clapton is God 11:56 18 Jul 08

"I have not tried Avast , but a2 free click here is a very god program"

Indeed it is - but it's not an AV program

Clapton is God 11:58 18 Jul 08

I think it would be better if you gave us a list of those aspects of Avast you can't understand.

We'll be better able to answer you then.

Daiol 12:43 18 Jul 08

Hi all thanks for all responces just installed the AVIRA 'red umberella'I cant seem to get the icon that should show by the clock 'system tray'any help there please.da,

birdface 13:35 18 Jul 08

Some reviews click here .If you have an oldish computer with low memory like mine I would try something else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now