Avast Antivirus Help

I,Me and Myself 10:38 04 Jun 06

We have Avast 4.7 running on both our home PC's. When you right click a file, folder etc. the menu comes up and you can scan the said item with Avast. This is only on one of our PC's. When we right click on an item on the other PC it doesn't give you that option. I have sat for a long time trying to spot the difference in setup etc. but am stumped.
Can anyone tell me how to set it up please?

ACOLYTE 10:54 04 Jun 06

Im not sure but you could try right clicking the avast icon and selecting "program settings"
then in the box that opens make sure "show explorer extension icon" is ticked.This may not be what you need but i cant find anything else,unless you reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Taff™ 11:08 04 Jun 06

I`m pretty sure it`s a set up option that is a default which means it was unticked when you installed the program. I`ll check on an installation I`m doing tomorrow and post back for you.

Arnie 12:23 04 Jun 06

In your Taskbar Click on Avast to open the Standard Shield.
Use the Installed providers: slider to show the Standard Shield thumbnail. Double click it.
Now run through the setting and look at the ticked boxes. compare these on each of the computers to see if there are any differences in the ticked boxes.
Hopefully this may help.

I use Avast and ewido anti-malware and when right clicked my files are scanned with ewido.

I,Me and Myself 18:41 04 Jun 06

Have tried what both Acolyte and Arnie have suggested and still no luck. Will wait for Taff to report back unless anyone else can help.

SANTOS7 18:43 04 Jun 06

Go through tool options in both progs and see if they match..

I,Me and Myself 18:48 04 Jun 06

Where is Tool Options located?

SANTOS7 18:53 04 Jun 06

programme settings

woodchip 18:54 04 Jun 06

May be quicker to unload it from Add Remove, then reinstall it

I,Me and Myself 08:52 05 Jun 06

Have removed it then reinstalled it and it is still the same.

Arnie 11:23 05 Jun 06

I have just had a scroll through Avast's FAQs.
I don't know whether it will make a difference, but worth a try.
Is the problem computer using another anti virus program? If so Avast recommend the removal of any additional av software.

They recommend the following uninstall/install procedure. (Slightly abridged by me).

1. Uninstall avast! using the avast! uninstall utility, (this is more reliable than the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel).

2. Restart the computer.

3. Download the latest version of avast! from our website and install it.

Also my comments:

Is the computer up to the standard of your non-problematical computer?

Was the registration key accepted ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…