Avast antivirus

I have Win XP Home and IE7.On the advice of members of this forum I downloaded and installed Avast antivirus and now I cannot receive e-mails via Outlook Express.The error message reads -ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(processes:msimn.exe[1],emproxy[19],Port 110,Secure(SSL):No,Server error 0x800CCC90,Error Number:0x800CCC90.Can anyone sort this out for me please?

splatter 17:13 16 Dec 06

Are you absolutley sure that the problem is avast! ? I use it, and have no problems at all.

Stuartli 17:14 16 Dec 06

If you click on the Avast! icon in the Notification Tray, you can check out the configuration for e-mails etc.

splatter 17:19 16 Dec 06

sorry, just noticed the reference to avast in the error message.

Have you tried disabling avast and the doing a send/receive in OE? If that fails, try uninstalling avast, restart your computer, fire Windows back up and then try a send/receive. If that then works download avast again (DO NOT use the installer you already have) and re-install.

Beyond that, I can't be of much help. Searching the error message on Google returned zero results.

Still no joy.Followed splatters advice and uninstalled then reinstalled but still get the same error message.If I disable Avast I can then receive e-mails so the problem seems to be within Avast itself.I have McAfee antivirus installed at present but the subscription expires soon and I want to use Avast instead so I was trying a trial run as it were.Perhaps there is incompatability here.

VoG II 10:51 17 Dec 06

try to run more than one antivirus program. Uninstall McAfee or Avast.

Arnie 10:58 17 Dec 06

This may help.

click here

Arnie 11:03 17 Dec 06

Follow VoG's advice.

Avast is an excellent AV program. Stick with it if you can.

Thanks for `shouting` at me VoG.Took your advice and uninstalled McAfee.Installed Avast and all seems well now.Thanks everyone for your time and trouble.

mymate 12:35 17 Dec 06

I have a friend whos computer was so slow,i cleaned up every thing,from the hints on this site. In the end it was because he had 2 firewalls running. Windows own one and McAfee one as well.i think he has probably got the same on his laptop as well,cause that is so slow as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009