Avast Anti-virus updating problem

spuds 13:51 16 Mar 06

Recently re-installed Avast anti-virus free personal version. Everything seems to work fine, but today had error message stating that it could not update.

Tried to locate a manual check procedure but got confused. Can anyone walk more through a procedure (if there is one), so as to keep Avast in perfect safeguard mode.

ACOLYTE 13:53 16 Mar 06

Right click the icon on the task bar,go to updating then click AVS update or program update.

ACOLYTE 13:55 16 Mar 06

You did regester online for the validation code? this is free and gives you unlimited updates,well for a few years at least.

Jackcoms 13:56 16 Mar 06

I use Avast and ocassinaly get similar messages.

Invariably these occur when I'm offline, yet Avast is still trying to communicate with the 'Mother Ship'.

What is the latesrt anti-virus definition you are showing?

From memory (I'm not in front of my home PC) the last one is dated 14 Feb

ACOLYTE 13:59 16 Mar 06

14/03 File version 0611-0 is what i have and i think thats the most recent,click here link to regestration site,just in case.

Jackcoms 14:10 16 Mar 06

Whoops, yes, I meant 14 March.

Doesn't time fly (NOT) when you're at work? ;-((

spuds 14:51 16 Mar 06

ACOLTYE-- Installed and registered the programme and updated all at the same time.

Jackcoms-- Appears one of those many mysteries in life!.

Just made another check, and everything seems upto date. Still wondering about the error warning message though!.

Ticked as resolved. Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…