avast anti viris

snoopygirl 22:29 08 Oct 07

what do i press to scan my computer plus how do i set this up propaly can any one help please

skidzy 22:36 08 Oct 07
  tullie 22:44 08 Oct 07

Just right click avast icon in task bar,then "start avast antivirus",easy peasy

Totally-braindead 22:52 08 Oct 07

Reading this other thread click here which you have not ticked as resolved, am I right in saying that you have deleted Panda antivirus, have installed AVAST and are getting blue screens?

Its confusing when you start another thread as the advice given in this thread didn't know anything about what you had already done.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:55 08 Oct 07

You can also get AVAST to scan as a screensaver, so when you leve your PC /laptop for awhi it will automatically scan.

Right click the desktop- properties - screensaver - select Avast fom the list - click apply

skidzy 22:56 08 Oct 07

I gave up on the other thread as the advice given does not seem to be followed correctly or questions answered,and i do agree with what you have said.

snoopygirl
Please help us to help you by answering the questions or at least tell us what you have done so far.

snoopygirl 22:59 08 Oct 07

total braindead sorry for confusing

snoopygirl 23:00 08 Oct 07

i am getting blue screen on start up on computer

snoopygirl 23:03 08 Oct 07

skidsy i have deleted panda i have got avast,combo fire wall adware 2007

Totally-braindead 17:03 09 Oct 07

Lets go back to basics. Answer a few questions if you will.

Was the blue screen at startup happening when you used Panda? IE was it there before you deleted Panda and installed AVAST?

When you had Panda installed did you run a scan, did it find and remove anything?

Now you have AVAST installed have you ran it and did it find anything?

And lastly before you installed Panda did you have any antivirus software installed?

What I am trying to work out is if the blue screen is anything to do with a virus. If you have run scans and it finds nothing then its very unlikely it is anything to do with a virus. If this is the case then a repair of windows might be all that is needed. But it is essential to get one and only one antivirus program up and running and to do a full scan with it to eliminate any virus problems.

snoopygirl 22:21 09 Oct 07

the blue screen as gone but avast is saying i havnt done a scan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5