AVAST Alarm

collinsc 18:45 05 Jun 09

I just went on to a site (not p0rn honest) and the AVAST alarm went and said infection found - i click on the icon and it says infection count: 1.

How do i clear it!?

thanks

Pineman100 18:47 05 Jun 09

Have a look in Quarantine, to see whether Avast successfully trapped it.

If not, then I would run a full system scan with Avast.

collinsc 18:52 05 Jun 09

where is quarantine? and how do i run a full scan!?

thanks

bluto1 19:06 05 Jun 09

Click on your Avast icon and when Avast screen shows the metallic object run your mouse over it about one third of the way in from the left until you see "Virus Chest" or indeed "Quarantine" and click on it. You'll see the viruses held there.
Then do as Pineman100 said

collinsc 19:10 05 Jun 09

thanks - says quarantine has no files...
does this mean it has got through?

rdave13 19:12 05 Jun 09

A very good manual for Avast home;click here . Needs a PDF reader and click on the 'toggle full screen' to right of toolbar.

rdave13 19:15 05 Jun 09

I think it shows the site has an infection possibility. As long as you exited the site without clicking on any links on that site you should be ok. Run a scan anyway.

collinsc 19:22 05 Jun 09

thanks all - i was surprised to see it asks me to specify what files to scan. AVG would just run a full system scan. I am concerned that by making me select locations i might not scan something

rdave13 19:31 05 Jun 09

If you right click avast icon in notification area and select 'start avast antivirus' then ,after registry scan,click on the uppermost icon to the right. This will select 'local disk (all non removable disks). Select which type of scan you need and it will scan your hard drive. The other icons are for a particular scan of other drives or folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced