Avast 7 Problems

ACOLYTE 26 Feb 12

Ever since my AV updated to version 7,i am unable to play any games at all,everytime i open one i get BSOD errors,Bad pool callers,service exception errors,always different sys drivers that have the errors it never used to happen before i unstalled the new avast7,is there anyway to get version 6 back,this new version is a real load of poo for me.If i disable the AV i can start games without any problems at all,running win 7 64 bit.

johnnyrocker 26 Feb 12

you could try www.oldversion.com?

johnny

rdave13 26 Feb 12

You could try resetting it. Settings- troubleshooting and restore factory defaults.

robin_x 26 Feb 12

Nice link Johnny. I Googled oldversion.com and also found Top 100 Undiscovered Websites. I hope hours of endless fun ahead.

Filehippo is also good for some old versions.

Their Avast page is here

johnnyrocker 26 Feb 12

aleays glad to be of use

johnny

johnnyrocker 26 Feb 12

always DOH.

johnny

ACOLYTE 27 Feb 12

Thank you,the Filehippo link was just what i wanted,i had searched everywhere for V6 and it always pointed to V7.Now i have V6 back everything works again,il just not have to update untill the new version has all the bugs taken out.Also fromwhat i have read online,most of the problems come from the new cloud service file rep,even if you know the file is ok,if it has a bad rep online avast blocks it,seems strange to me.Once again ty all for the links>)

ACOLYTE 27 Feb 12

• was going to edit my last post to add this but have no idea how to,that V7 made my pc bootup very,very slow with a black screen for 20 odd seconds and unrepsonsive after that till its done w/e it does,so glads i got v6 back.*

NewestRoyWidd1 27 Feb 12

The upgrade to version 7 caused so many problems for me(Opera either crashing or freezing etc.) that I deleted Avast altogether and now have Comodo antivirus which includes the firewall that I had before.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message