Avast-4 Antivirus Free Download!!

Chrisann 13:09 04 Feb 06

I have just decided to get rid of Norton after a lot of trouble with the comp..and I was wondering if this Free Antivirus software will be o.k. for me. Windows M.E. 2001..10 hd. 128 ram 700 processor. It won't slow me down will it....I am getting rid of Norton today so I need something to replace it. I have had trouble all week since upgrading Norton to 2005 version and have just asked for a rebate etc. so need another package urgently.!!!

Thanks for any advice.

Chrisann..

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:11 04 Feb 06

It will not slow your computer down and will be fine. You could also have AVG free which is a similar AV that uses little resources.

G

VoG II 13:14 04 Feb 06

You may need click here to get rid of Norton.

colberly 13:38 04 Feb 06

I have a pc with similar configuration and use Avast with no problems, automatic updates and certainly doesn't slow my PC down.

Chrisann 13:56 04 Feb 06

I thought I could just go to the Add Remove programme to get rid of Norton...Isn't that going to be the case then...and am I going to have problems getting it off my comp now..??

Chrisann....

VoG II 14:02 04 Feb 06

That tool is for if Add/Remove programs doesn't work.

Chrisann 14:08 04 Feb 06

Thankyou...will see what happens then...and hope for the best...Thanks again.. My computer has been so slow this week with Norton 05 that I hope getting it off will put things right again..as everything is going up the creek!!! If it doesn't guess I have a more serious problem!!!

Also thankyou to everyone responding to me...

Chrisann....

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:40 04 Feb 06

You should also run click here . This will get rid of a lot of rubbish.

G

Minkey1 14:56 04 Feb 06

After an update "froze" midway, my NAV went totally on the blink and eventually I went for Avast. Pretty good although it always seems to show "scan not yet done" in the panel, even tho' I scan at least weekly.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now