AVAST! 4

Log 14:47 27 May 04

Does anyone use Avast!4 AntiVirus software? Is it as good as AVG? Is it effective in finding and deleting nasties?
Art

Crash 15:07 27 May 04

ok for me so far, do a forum search for more info on it.

Belatucadrus 15:51 27 May 04

click here click here ignore the results for avast32, 4 is much much better.

rawprawn 16:10 27 May 04

Best free avg in my opinion.

Wak 16:15 27 May 04

Avast 4 OK as far as I'm concerned.
Updates itself, too!

Log 19:26 27 May 04

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I need to sleep on it before deciding one way or the other!
Cheers.
Art

Diodorus Siculus 20:05 27 May 04

Another fan here - it works well and uses few system resources.

961 20:13 27 May 04

...and me. Gets on with the job automatically without me getting involved.

Kalitechnis 20:15 27 May 04

I tried out Avast4 when I read that AVG were going to stop their free version (this may have been a false rumour, as I can see no sign of it happening, as yet)

At first I liked it, Has some natty features & skins, but I found that it used much more resources than AVG, plus at around the time of the RSPCC.exe (for XP) scare, I discovered that Avast calls up RSPCC.exe and this was constantly trying to access the internet. Their Tech support -on the forum-assured me & others who were concerned that this was normal activity. But it was supposed to be only communicating internally, not over the internet.
I dropped it and have been back with AVG ever since-no regrets-much simpler, and fewer resources used.

How good it is at virus detecting I have no idea though believe it gives more false positives than AVG.

K.

Cook2 20:17 27 May 04

Yep! Avast!4 is my choice too.

If you decide on it, don't forget to also download Avast Cleaner and run it.

Log 21:57 27 May 04

Thanks all of you for your helpful comments. This forum is a great help to me. Either reading problems which other people have and how they can be resolved and the occasional plea from myself.
Art

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…