avast

karmgord 19:42 30 Mar 09

when i scan with avast it pulls up loads of known good files & programs,whats wrong

skidzy 20:02 30 Mar 09

Such as ?

Please post some of the findings !

It could be possible some of the files have been infected ?

SB23 20:45 30 Mar 09

I don't understand either.

Ar what point do you recognise them as good programs etc?

Please explain.

karmgord 21:12 30 Mar 09

lots of know good program application files and windows system files all called the same virus ,i'm not at the machine at the momment but i will name a few that it's calling the same virus asap ,thanks for replies will get back soon

karmgord 09:08 13 Apr 09

sorry for the big gap in replying but it seems the vito:32 virus has gotten past my avast,spybot,spywearblaster,zonealarm protected machine.On googling it, it seems a very nasty virus which is only defeated by a reformat/clean install. I hope it has n't infected my backup files (.bkf)
What really worries me is how did it get past my always up todate protections,where/how did I download it I don't think I visit dodgy sites.
OTHERS BE WARNED SCAN YOUR MACHINE if virus free make a full system back upon a seperate hard drive

tullie 09:52 13 Apr 09

Obviously you have now solved the problem as its two weeks since the infection?If Avast has brought them up then they havent got past have they?

karmgord 11:10 13 Apr 09

avast acted after the event only pointing out the infected files,google vito:32 to see how nasty & difficult an infection this is

Stuartli 11:44 13 Apr 09

Avast! has always acted BEFORE the event in my case and, I suspect, for 99.9 per cent of other users if properly configured...:-)

interzone55 11:53 13 Apr 09

I've just googled vito:32 and none of the entries on the first 4 pages mention anything about a virus, most are pages about the Mercedes Vito van and even adding "+virus" to the search only added some medical research by a guy named Vito.

birdface 12:18 13 Apr 09
  karmgord 12:34 13 Apr 09

Sorry i meant win32:virut
see link below
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac