Avast

joe95 15:23 17 Jan 04

I have been reading the postings about AV I have AVG seems okay but a lot of people say Avast is the best so downloaded it installed and it found a virus and said my virtual memory was low and then locked up couldn't anythinghad to switch off and start again managed to restore but now my AVG is playing up.Come back 98 all is etc .

Thanks Joe

Jester2K 15:25 17 Jan 04

Did you have AVG and Avast on at the same time?

joe95 15:47 17 Jan 04

I downloaded Avast closed everything installed it and got rid of AVG.

Jester2K 15:52 17 Jan 04

Make sure both are fully installed and delete all folders to do with both programs.

Redownload AVG and reinstall.

joe95 15:57 17 Jan 04

Thanks is Avast better than AVG?

Diodorus Siculus 16:02 17 Jan 04

I prefer Avast as it seems to be a little less intrusive and less resource hungry. That doesn't mean it is - only my impression of it. It has never let a virus through (not that I have received one via mail anyways for a couple of years).

joe95 16:32 17 Jan 04

Restored, tried to uninstall AVG language file failure, should I download it again and go over the top with it?

Belatucadrus 16:52 17 Jan 04

click here for another post on a similar theme, one of these uninstallers and RegSeeker should clear the system and permit loading of any new AV software.

In the unlikely event that you can't get AVG or avast to work, look at click here. But do clear out any trace of existing anti virus before putting on a new one.

joe95 18:29 17 Jan 04

I have Adnaced uninstaller and that won't shift it.

Tick Tock 20:08 18 Jan 04

I found that Avast used up more memory so i
went back to AVG as i have a low spec machine.

joe95 23:07 18 Jan 04

Thanks everybody. I downloaded AVG again and installed over the top seems to be working fine at the moment.
Joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…