Avant Browser Website - Virus Problem??

thegreypanther 19:19 PM 01 Jun 13

I have just received the latest issue of PC Advisor magazine, - Issue 217, August 2013.

This issue highly recommends the Avant browser, downloaded from avantbrowser.com.

But if I try to save the file, absetup.exe, from http://dl22.filekicker.net, anti-virus software kicks in big time.

IS THERE a problem? Has the Avant Browser website itself been hacked??

Advice please.

thegreypanther 20:32 PM 01 Jun 13

Both McAfee and Norton Security came up red with the link and filenames that came from the avantbrowser.com website.

Arandora 16:51 PM 11 Jun 13

It would appear that the server that hosts forum.avantbrowser.com (and other sites) is down and has been for several days due to an ongoing dDos attack. There's no information available as to when it will be accessible again. See this information

Arandora 23:12 PM 11 Jun 13

I use the old AB Version 11.47 Build 46 SR and have been experiencing some issues recently with blocked URLs and scripting on certain websites that are OK on IE 10 and Firefox and was considering finally upgrading to latest Version of AB. It was when I tried to access the AB Forum that I found this issue. I guess I won't be upgrading until this issue is well and truly resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…