Avant Browser Website - Virus Problem??

thegreypanther 01 Jun 13

I have just received the latest issue of PC Advisor magazine, - Issue 217, August 2013.

This issue highly recommends the Avant browser, downloaded from avantbrowser.com.

But if I try to save the file, absetup.exe, from http://dl22.filekicker.net, anti-virus software kicks in big time.

IS THERE a problem? Has the Avant Browser website itself been hacked??

Advice please.

thegreypanther 01 Jun 13

Jock1e

Both McAfee and Norton Security came up red with the link and filenames that came from the avantbrowser.com website.

Arandora 11 Jun 13

It would appear that the server that hosts forum.avantbrowser.com (and other sites) is down and has been for several days due to an ongoing dDos attack. There's no information available as to when it will be accessible again. See this information

Arandora 11 Jun 13

I use the old AB Version 11.47 Build 46 SR and have been experiencing some issues recently with blocked URLs and scripting on certain websites that are OK on IE 10 and Firefox and was considering finally upgrading to latest Version of AB. It was when I tried to access the AB Forum that I found this issue. I guess I won't be upgrading until this issue is well and truly resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message