Avant Browser ?

Daibus 19:55 19 Sep 03

What is the general opinion on the Avant Browser, in relation to other browsers, and especially to Internet Explorer ?

With thanks.

-pops- 19:59 19 Sep 03

I prefer it to IE and to that abomination that BT/Yahoo has come up with recently.

Give it a go, if you haven't already - it's free.

Valvegrid 20:24 19 Sep 03

I love it. I like the way you can turn on and off the scripting on the 'fly' also I find it a lot faster than IE and it's much more configurable than IE.

I've tried Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla FireBird and Netscape, but keep going back to Avant.

Daibus 22:49 19 Sep 03

Avant Browser.

Mango Grummit 02:10 20 Sep 03

I think Avant.........

......does not get enough publicity. For me (but not necessarily anyone else) it is the best.

Opera is not bad but cannot hold a candle to Avant for speed or displaying web pages the way the authors intended them to be seen. Many useful features too.

But, as I say, it may not be the same for everyone ---- just like anything else (eg. Me, AOL, XP, Grisoft, CD-RW disks, etc).

Try it and judge for yourself is the only way to learn if it is suitable for you, your rig and the way you have things set up.

Valvegrid 07:24 20 Sep 03

Just incase anyone wants to try it, here is the link: click here

hugh-265156 09:07 20 Sep 03

very nice ^

Valvegrid 09:36 20 Sep 03

Just one down-side, be careful on installing the AI-RoboForm option, you can accept or decline it at install. I found it did strange things on my system, so I removed it.

hugh-265156 09:44 20 Sep 03

i did not get this while installing but notice its available to download as a plugin via view/roboform toolbar.

Valvegrid 09:49 20 Sep 03

The original was offered at the first installation but they could have changed it in that case. BTW I have just upgraded to the latest version this morning.

hugh-265156 09:55 20 Sep 03

thanks Valvegrid,it doesnt seem to be installed.i prefer to manage my passwords manually anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…