Available Memory

Esso43 13:56 01 Dec 04

I am probably being dumb here but having run Dell support configuration software on my laptop it tells me that I have 523704KB memory but only 231768 Kb avialable, what have I done to "lose" or use so much memory?

Bob Bob™ 15:38 01 Dec 04

Check how mush stuff you have installed on it. Things that take up a lot of memory are MS Office and things like that. Of you want to free up more memory delete things you don't need(make sure you delete programs by going to Control Panel and clicking Add & Remove Programs). And you are not being dumb. Every question is a good one.

Tog_ 15:44 01 Dec 04

There is no need to delete anything. If it is causing a problem, open the task manager, the programmes listed are using the memory. If you don't want any of them to run just disable them. They will still be available to run if you change your mind at a later date.

Bob Bob™ 20:48 01 Dec 04

I am assuming Esso43 is talking about his/her hard disk memory

Esso43 22:50 01 Dec 04

I was thinking about RAM I will user several utilities provided by pca et al to try and tidy up what I need and what I dont :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…