AV & Trojan Up-Dates?

Mango Grummit 18:23 25 Oct 04

Does not everyone, as a matter of course, automatically check for (AV+WhotNot) up-dates when first using their computer for the day before doing anything else?

I guess most must, so why post AVG, SpyBot, AdaWare, etc latest up-dates?

johnnyrocker 18:26 25 Oct 04

as you said most which implies not all hence the updated postings.

johnny.

canard 19:42 25 Oct 04

Before I installed the blessed AVG7 beta I relied on our eagle eyed forum members!

jimv7 19:51 25 Oct 04

There are a huge number of people out there who, having bought their computer with pre-loaded/installed software, are quite happy to assume that it is protected and have never updated anti-virus or their fire wall.

Plus remember that you are not protected for the newest virus's untill the anti-virus companies can write the latest patches.

Your anti-virus is only as good as the last update.

lucky1 19:57 25 Oct 04

Does no harm to either receive or post information on updates to applications such as Spybot, Ad-aware, and Stinger, etc. These can easily be missed by anyone.

rômanab 19:58 25 Oct 04

Well my AV updates automatically so I don't think about that but as for adaware, spybot etc, I do them whenever I'm gonna do a scan, not every day, sometimes only once a week or so. So when I see a post for updates it reminds me to do it which is handy as I'm a bit forgetfull.
Anyway I like 'em, so thanks to you that do 'em :o)

Cy_Lent 21:09 25 Oct 04

Yes Mango they should.... but if you notice most regular posters only use their computer to come here (when site goes down they display withdrawal symptoms :o0).... does not leave them much time for anything else!

Simsy 21:19 25 Oct 04

4 and a half years ago, I didn't update my antivirus for about 7 or 8 months! I didn't know that I had to. As far as I was concerned I had bought a PC that came with antivirus software preinstalled.

Fortunately I didn't suffer; but I realise that I was just lucky.

there must be hundreds, if not hundreds of thousands, of folk out there with computers who are using them happily with the same belief that I had.

No one advised me that it was neccessary at the point of sale. Doing this would be a constructive move.

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 21:19 25 Oct 04

4 and a half years ago, I didn't update my antivirus for about 7 or 8 months! I didn't know that I had to. As far as I was concerned I had bought a PC that came with antivirus software preinstalled.

Fortunately I didn't suffer; but I realise that I was just lucky.

there must be hundreds, if not hundreds of thousands, of folk out there with computers who are using them happily with the same belief that I had.

No one advised me that it was neccessary at the point of sale. Doing this would be a constructive move.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac