AV Suite recommendation

ventanas 15:37 16 Sep 08

I've seen in the past certain sites that compare the abilities of the various programs, but they seem a bit elusive at the moment.
My one year free McAfee offering is coming to and end, and I'm not overkeen on renewing it. Can't really say why, just a feeling.
I've always used NOD32 in the past, but have the Eset suite installed on all the machines in the office, and really I don't like that either. Too much hands on needed, particilarly with the firewall.
So I would be grateful for pointers to any site that lines them up together for comparison. Has anyone any views on Kaspersky? It seems to be cheap enough.
I don't use the free offerings by the way.
Thanks for any help.

DieSse 15:45 16 Sep 08

I use the eset security suite - and have used NOD32 for many years - entirely without problems.

I'm mystified by you comment about "too much hand-on" - I have never needed to do anything with it?

ventanas 15:48 16 Sep 08

Probably because the machines it's installed on are all connected to a Domain. It is continually blocking access to the network and making admin a pain. I have now got into the habit of turning the firewall off on any machine I need to access.
It is probably very different on a single machine.

DieSse 16:02 16 Sep 08

I thought your comment may be related to a network rather than a single system - however I have no experience of running it on a network, so can't comment further.

rawprawn 17:11 16 Sep 08

Hi John, I have been using Kaspersky for the last 3 months with no trouble. It can be quite a handful if you want to customise a lot of settings but it isn't really necessary, and anyway after a week or so you easily get used to it.
You can get it free if you bank online with Barclays. (thats how I got mine)
I give it the thumbs up!

ventanas 11:06 17 Sep 08

Thanks Dennis. it's £20 at PCW at the moment. Might give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…