//some 3rd party need geo

AV software and pc crashing

surfmonkey #:@}© 16:57 12 Jun 06

right I have avast av on pc the problem is that every so often the pc gets bsod after checking the event veiwer its saying that
standard sheild provider could not be started due to norton av / symatec av is active ?
i do not have norton av installed its not in add and remove programs though there is a folder in program files called norton av . but i unistalled it ages ago when i got pc i think its one of those folders left over from an uninstall jobbie. is there a removal tool for all of norton leftovers as this problem is starting to get abit anoyuing now. any ideas folks

Jackcoms 17:01 12 Jun 06

Simply manually delete the folder and then get rid of any leftovers with click here

rsinbad 17:03 12 Jun 06

click here_*completely*_safely

rsinbad 17:04 12 Jun 06

sorry try click here

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:26 12 Jun 06

right mad a rstore piont run the rremoval too run cleaner restarted pc lets se what happens thanks chaps

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:27 12 Jun 06

no still happening erro in log there is no reference to it on microsoft site any one know could my memory be faulty as read on microsft site common causes memory failur how can i test the memory how

Jackcoms 18:37 12 Jun 06

Bit of a last resort, but try Start; Search and do searches for Norton and Symantec.

Delete all that you find and then run CCleaner again

surfmonkey #:@}© 16:28 13 Jun 06

hello again not more erros on the norton bit after 24 hour so hopefully thats ok . now on the crashing side of it after a little investigation on the home front i.e my son it now seems that the crashing only started occuring after the installation of day of defeat source (game)i have been told its a very demanding game on graphics cards so i would have thought my geforce fx5500 256mb card would be ok strang that it also crashes on call of duty 2 too, a freind at work said he had a simular problem he change his drivers after phoning a support numbers which they recomended i have the latest nvidia drivers installed 84.21 but there is a beta versin avalible are beta version farly stable .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…