autotyping adapter

sammey 16:23 09 May 05

what is the autotyping adapter which mc pc says has failed?.what does it do and why is it so important that it has stopped windows loading?

DieSse 16:41 09 May 05

After a quick Google, I beleive it is a part of the BIOS that identifies (autotypes) your hard drives, during the switch on phase.

It could be a corruption in the BIOS, possibly due to a fault, or a low battery.

Try resetting the CMOS - see your motherboard manual for the jumper to change over (power off first). Or/and try a new battery if that does not work.

When you say "Windows doesn't load" can you identify the sequence of events in detail when you get the error - and the exact error wording please.

sammey 21:00 09 May 05

Thank you Diesse,I didn`t know that `autotyping` meant identify.I`ve opened up the case and unplugged the hard drive from the motherboard and replugged it and that has putit right.The bios said it could not find the operating system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…