Is this Autotext or something else? (Word 2000)

Diemmess 14:48 08 May 06

A table of people with proper names column 1 and their web addresses in column 2

Trying to edit and move the names around I seem to have lost control of whether this is a link or not! Now some are and some are not.

Have searched Tools, Options etc, but still baffled.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 08 May 06

web addresses in column 2
to make all adresses links:
Select column 2 in font box on toolbar select hypertext.

Diemmess 16:41 08 May 06

I'm dim or desperate, perhaps both.

I can highlight the email address column - no trouble..... Font box? Font list is not what I want is it?
Tried Format-Font but there's no option there to make a link.

The odd thing is that I am ammending a document written by someone else and 5 out of the 7 behave as intended. It is just my two new inserted names that wont work for me. (same font, same column etc.)

Diemmess 17:38 08 May 06

^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 08 May 06

my error assumed you were starting with a document saved as .html

click here for a much better explanation of how to insert links

VoG II 17:47 08 May 06

To be honest it is probably quickest to delete the two errant entries and type them in again. Word should turn them into hyperlinks automatically.

Diemmess 17:55 08 May 06

I have been struggling much of the day, trying to re-vamp a dormant website. The learning curve is about 99 degrees for me!

So out of time and enthusiasm for this silly glitch with Word, but thanks to you both, plenty to chew on tomorrow.

Will tick this WHEN I've had a triumphal session!

Diemmess 19:39 08 May 06

I had already tried various re-typings and usually found the toolbar make-a-link greyed out.

Eventually managed with one of the names to drag it out of the table, remove its new cell border. On clicking the link found a form requiring me to enter the mailto: address.
When I did this and clicked in the document it gave a dismissive 'cant open file, error...OK!

There was a clue somewhere about starting the address with http:// I did that and Word eventually gave me what I wanted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…