Autosave utility

cowangate 19:39 29 Jan 03

Anyone know of an autosave utility that creates a copy of any work being performed- a bit like the autosave function in Microsoft Word. Due to problems in our office we have been having power outages affecting the office-. It is not economic to have a ups for every desktop and while the data lost can be recreated -its a bit of a pain in the bum to do it.

cowangate 20:00 29 Jan 03

refresh

Pesala 20:15 29 Jan 03

I am sure the best way is to simply warn your staff to make a habit of saving their work frequently. All it takes is Control S in most programs, after all. Autobackups in Word could be set to save every minute, but that might slow your workers down.

I used to work on PCs in Burma, and the power used to fail very frequently. I simply got into the habit of saving documents after every paragraph, or every time I was interrupted to do something else.

Eventually the office staff found the problem so frustrating that the trustees bought a generator for the office. It worked OK, but I doubt if you want a diesel generator throbbing away in the basement.

TOPCAT® 20:31 29 Jan 03

'AutoSave is the revolutionary new backup software that you install it and never think it about again! With AutoSave, your files are backed up as you work on them.'

Can't seem to find a supplier in the UK for the moment. If you buy from the US you might have our VAT and postal handling charge to add. TC.

click here

TOPCAT® 20:47 29 Jan 03

You can download a free trial from click here

Buy and download from click here

TC.

Pesala 21:38 29 Jan 03

It only makes a backup when you save the file, not every five minutes or every minute.

Best is intelligent human beings who can weigh up what needs to be saved. It is simply a matter of training.

Every contributor to forums knows that his or her masterpiece can disappear into cyberspace at any moment. If it is a serious and detailed post, full of links and detailed specifications, it is better to type it in notepad and paste it in. If one knows one is just ranting on, it doesn't matter too much. Next time one can type just the gist!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…